Welcome to the Sizzix BIGkick Cutting Machine Review
If you are a card maker then you will absolutely love the Sizzix BIGKick cutting machine. This hand cranked die cutting machine is perfect for kids, Beginners and crafters who are on a budget. Overall it is one of the best die cutters on the market, it is really easy to operate, and most importantly, this machine won’t break the bank. It’s really cheap.
Before we get into the specifications of this machine, we need to make it clear that the BIGkick isn’t really that big at all. It is designed for small crafts only such as card making and scrapbooks . So don’t make the mistake in thinking that you are going to get something grand and bulky.
The Sizzix BIGkick cutting machine doesn’t come with any embossing folders or dies, but rest assured, this machine is compatible with any brand. this makes it perfect if you are looking to switch from another make, such as the Cricut Cuttlebug cutting machine and you still have lots of residual stock.
Even with its small and compact size, the BIGkick cutting machine can cut a wide range of materials including Cardstock, Fabric, Foam, Felt, Chipboard, Metallic Foil, Craft Aluminium, Leather and of course Paper. So as you can see, this is one versatile little cutting machine.
The best quality of the Sizzix BIGKick cutting machine is that it is really easy to use, it only has 3 simple stages to create some beautiful crafted results. Simply create a sandwich with your die, cutting pads and material, feed this sandwich into the machine, and crank it through! It really is as simple as that! Check out the video below for a demonstration of how this works.
The features and Benefits of the Sizzix BIGkick Cutting Machine
- The standard cutting pads for this machine are 8.75 inches long. However, if you purchase the extended platform this stretches out to 14.125 inches. This allows you to play with larger designs.
- This machine is designed to use any brand of embossing folders or dies
- A simple 3 stage process to deliver beautiful and impressive cards and scrapbooks
- This machine requires no electricity and is completely hand operated
- It comes with a top carry handle, meaning it is easy to move.
The Pros and Cons of the Sizzix BIGkick Cutting Machine
- This machine is really easy to use. No software or cables. Just good old fashioned, honest crafting
- At 7.5lbs, this is a really sturdy device
- This machine is great for Kids and Beginners
- The price makes it an absolute bargain
- It is extremely versatile and can cut lots of different materials
- This machine is compatible with other brands of dies and embossing folders
- It is a really portable machine
- It is virtually the same model as the Big Shot, So if you own a Big Shot – Don’t buy this
- The accessories and the extra platform does come at an extra cost.
For the Standard BIGkick Cutting Machine Click below
For the BIGkick Cutting Machine with extended platform click below
If you loved our review of the Sizzix BIGKick cutting machine then let us know in the comments or by sharing our post.